Final Assignment Instructions:
In relation with the date and format
- The deadline for the final assignment is going to be December 19th at the class schedule time 19,00 h. The classroom designated for the last Assignment presentation and the next day event is 1G2. We also remind you that we have a special event 20th “Open class” in which all the units of Design Studio produce an exhibition about the semester work. At the end of this event we will pin the grades of the course at the unit cork-board.
- It is compulsory to have the file with your data and a Portrait Picture of you in order to refresh in our minds your trajectory along the course. (Folders without this information will be out of the grades)
- All the documents need to be folded to A-3 format in order to put them in your course folder.
- The folder must be organize in sections related with the three exercises of the course, and the final assignment needs to be clearly labelled as an independent section
- Don´t forget to put your complete name and the level (P5 or P6) in all your documents
- For the second exercise in which you worked in groups, you can put an A3 file indicating the member of the group that has the complete set of documents of the final proposal, and one picture of the model printed to facilitate a quick recognition
- It is not possible to collect the models, so be sure you take good pictures of them to express the process followed
In relation with the number and type of documents
As you know the contact with the ground, the relationship stablished with the existing building, the underground levels, the whole different circuits of vertical and horizontal movements, the sequence of uses designed, the general layout of these uses, the intermidiate types of plans depending on the special parts of the program, the endings of the vertical structure, the relation between the structure and another systems used, etc, are the main topics in our conversations at class, so you have to represent these issues as best as you can.
You can organize your final A2 documents as you want in order to explain your project bu the following information need to be integrated
- Site plan with your proposal in the existing contextual place
- Process Summary. Diagrams, collage, maps, models that help us to identify the proposal strategies, and the process used
- Set of plans; basement, ground floor, significant intermediate levels, top level, roof plan. [with pieces of furniture, labels indicating uses and the hight of the slab (+ 3.00 +8,00 -4,00), Oriented scale 1/250]
- At least two perpendicular sections and one elevation to explain the materialization of the project [with pieces of furniture, labels indicating uses and the hight of the slab (+ 3.00 +8,00 -4,00), Oriented scale 1/250]
- An Axonometric or three dimensional drawing explaining the general systems of the building
- Photomontage or collage that expresses the atmosphere of your proposal.
- Last proposal Model and pictures of it included in the A2 documents
The scales estimated for each type of document are only indicative, you can adapt them depending on your own proposal necessities.
See you there!